We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 3 pounds lean stew beef, cut in 1-inch cubes (Lamb makes a nice substitute.)
- 4 T. butter
- 2 cups water
- 12 small white onions, peeled (but left whole)
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- dash cinnamon
- 6 medium carrots, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
In a frying pan, brown meat in butter. Place browned meat into slow cooker or crock pot. Pour 1/2 cup of water into frying pan and heat over medium heat, scraping up browned bits with a fork. Add pan water to meat in crock pot, along with remaining water, onions, tomato paste and seasonings. Cover and set to medium-low for 4 to 6 hours, or until meat is almost tender. Turn up heat and add carrots and potatoes; cook 30 to 40 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
Serves 4 to 6.